Wednesday, September 2, 2009

But what's it all about then?

After finishing high school I wasn't sure what to do. So many potential paths crossed my mind I completely lost count.

I thought about enrolling in art college because I enjoy creating things that entertain and/or fascinate both other people and myself, but figured the career perspectives were too poor for a person as young and inexperienced as me.

I thought about studying psychology because I'm hugely interested in people's minds and what's on them, but I didn't feel like taking a course thousands of other students have already taken, something that's been there for decades and is a solid thing that is definitely not going to change a bit for the next few years.
My influence on the programme would be pretty much absent and most teachers wouldn't even know me because there are 449 other students taking the exact same classes.
The list could go on....

Then I stumbled upon Creative Technology, a new bachelor's curriculum starting this academic year at Twente University, located in the Netherlands.
The programme consists of study units related to technology, business, creativity and design.
Combining technical and creative aspects in the process of innovation (mostly applications, new media, etc) is - I've been told - the main focus of Creative Technology!
I don't know much about technology, but it's something I would definitely like to get the hang of.
So that's what I decided to enroll in.
It might not be the safest decision I could've made, but I feel ready to try something new and get excited about it!

I want to keep track of what I'm doing and thinking, how my skills develop and I want it to be public.
Please feel free to add constructive criticism! My goal is to improve and get a more refined picture of people's opinions and needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment